Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Point of View

I am chatting with a friend and told me told me that she realized that she's willing to settle with something else and not with someone else. I asked her what she meant by that. She told me that she doesn't want to get married, instead wanted to pursue and marry her career. I replied that it is okey to have a career but to marry her career is a different story.

Yes, the career we pursue gives us financial stability and help us to be successful in life, however, such is temporary. Career is just temporary, in the sense that we will enjoy it while we are young or while we are young various offers are offered. Sometimes career can also be exhausted. Career can never give long lasting happiness, its full of vanity and striving after the wind. Most of all, career is not forever that we can count on if we get sick or get older.

A lot of successful persons did chose to marry their respective careers but regret later set in for they say it would be better if they had share it with someone special.

Career can be a lot interesting if we share it with someone we love. For that someone will surely be there for us inspite of the ups and downs in lives. Most of all, that someone will be ready to take good care of us if we get sick or be there to guide us even if we will reach our oblivion stage.

2 comments:

eunice said...

Hi Connie, reading ur post. I very much agreed with ur latest post about career :) This is a problem that our Singapore govt is facing now, that's, women in Singapore are mostly highly educated and marry to career. Many r still singles and thus, SG has very low birth rate.

Umma said...

I married late too.. kind of a late bloomer bec I was so occupied with my career but now I hv a baby, I gave up working and decided to be a SAHM.
It's worth all the sacrifices, I can see my baby boy growing so fast I cant wait catching him around.
Married to your career is only a matter of choice..Whatever makes you happy is all that matters.